The purpose of the Public Information Manager is to promote and maintain communications between the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO), the citizens of Mecklenburg County and the news media. The Public Information Manager works closely with the media to disseminate information in a timely fashion that may be of significant interest to the public. Responsibilities also include writing news releases, responding to media inquiries, maintaining a social media presence and organizing special events such as news conferences.
Public Information Email:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- To make a Freedom of Information Act/Public Information request to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. All requests must be submitted on the provided form. You can access the Request Form at the following link: Freedom of Information Act/Public Information Request
2. Download and/or print the form for your convenience.
3. Fill out the form completely, ensuring all required fields are accurately completed.
4. Once you have filled out the form, submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Await further communication from the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office regarding your request.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these steps. We look forward to addressing your request for information.